Admission to Tech2Work™ is based on several factors including the completed application, the interview, passing the screening criteria for reading, writing and typing, qualifying diagnosis, and most importantly, the desire to complete the program and move forward with employment. A team from Tech2Work™ will review all of these factors. We have the capacity to serve up to 15 students per year. This ensures each student receives the individualized time and attention needed to have a successful outcome.
Are you motivated to enter a career in IT? Do you want to improve your skills in the field to prepare for employment? You are already on your way! Potential students need to meet some baseline criteria to be eligible for the Tech2Work™ Program.
- Age 18 and over
- High school diploma or GED or pass a reading comprehension and math application skills at 9th grade or above (we will administer an assessment prior to program acceptance if appropriate)
- Diagnosis of a lifelong or acquired disability (Diagnosis can be verified by an IEP, psychological evaluation, report from a medical professional, VR assessment or VA letter verifying disability rating). Diagnoses may include autism spectrum disorder or related social communication challenges or physical limitations.
- Ability to type on a computer (physically or verbally) to complete tasks such as internet searches, use video conferencing programs, work between multiple software programs
- Self-regulation with minimal direction to stay on track with class instruction
- Resides in the state of Florida
- Demonstrate a clear desire to work and will commit to a three-semester program
We accept funding from CareerSource, Gardiner Scholarship, Florida Pre-Paid, MedWaiver, Vocational Rehabilitation, and/or private pay. Many students will assemble funding from multiple sources. Tuition for this three-semester certification program is $5908.80. Payment in full must be received by the first day of class.
Students are entitled to a full refund if they withdraw from the program by the fifth day of the start of the program. Students are entitled to a 25% refund if they withdraw after the fifth day of the start of the program but prior to the first day of the fourth week of the program.
Tech2Work™ is presented by:
Copyright © 2016, University of South Florida. All rights reserved. Contact webmaster.
4202 E. Fowler Avenue, Tampa, FL 33620, USA • 813-974-2011